As an offshore worker in the Gulf of Mexico or another of our nation’s waterways, your own safety relies on your co-workers’ safe work practices, proper maintenance of the vessel or rig you are stationed on as well as other equipment you have to use in this dangerous environment. Too often offshore workers are injured because they are not provided the necessary equipment with which to do their jobs safely.
If you have been injured or are grieving the death of a family member in an accident occurring in navigable waters, take immediate action to retain aggressive legal representation.
Wright & Gray can pursue the best outcome and protect the rights of:
- Crew members
- Offshore drilling rig workers
- Commercial fishermen
- Passengers on personal watercrafts, riverboats and cruise ships
Common Causes of Maritime and Offshore Accidents
Serious and fatal injuries occur on maritime vessels and offshore drilling rigs as the result of many different types of unsafe work practices. Some of the most common unsafe work practices on offshore drilling rigs include:
- Unseaworthiness: Is your vessel fit for service and clean?
- Improper equipment: Do you have the equipment you need to safely do your job? Is the equipment regularly maintained in good working order?
- Inadequate training: Are you adequately trained in maritime safety procedures and in equipment operation? What about your co-workers?
- Violation of safety rules: The maritime industry is heavily regulated to ensure safe working conditions. Violation of federal, state or industry safety guidelines can result in personal injury or death.
Know Your Rights
Maritime law is complex. Some accident claims fall under general maritime law, while others are filed under the Jones Act or the Longshore and Harbor Workers’ Compensation Act. It is important that you work with a lawyer who knows the law and is experienced at handling all types of maritime law claims. We will take time to listen to your side of the story, identify your goals, and inform you of your rights. Our team will identify an effective strategy to pursue and make certain that you have the information you need to make a smart decision about your situation.
Contact Wright & Gray
When you are injured on a maritime vessel, the law can be complicated, and getting fair compensation may be difficult. That’s why you need experienced maritime injury lawyers like Wright & Gray on your side. They know the law and make sure you are given every protection under the law.